The SES 2.3 is purpose-built for the mountains. Ultra-light, respectfully aerodynamic, and optimized for tubeless tires, the SES 2.3 raises the bar for performance through hilly and mountainous terrain.
• When weight matters most
• 1274-gram wheelset weight (+/- 2%)
• Inner rim width: 21mm
• Minimum labeled tire size: 25mm
• For Use With Tubeless Tires Only
NOT FOR OFF-ROAD/GRAVEL USE!
“I’ve ridden the SES 2.3 through the Sonoran Desert, blistering fast Tucson group rides, Midwest crosswinds, and twisty Southern Californian descents and I still haven’t found the limit of the SES 2.3.”– GRIFFIN EASTER, PROFESSIONAL CYCLIST
We design and build to the strengths of carbon fiber, and there’s no better example of this than the SES 2.3. By using continuously running fibers throughout the rim, tapering laminates, and removing excess material, the SES 2.3 achieves an impressive feat in weight reduction and composites engineering. Additionally, layering fibers in specific orientations achieves zone-specific performance requirements like impact toughness, stiffness, and tire retention.
Tubeless represents the pinnacle of road wheel and tire performance, and the hookless bead design plays a significant role. A hookless rim design allows for machined metal tooling to establish a precise and consistent bead seat diameter that meets the defined requirement by ETRTO. That precision fitment between the tubeless tire bead and the rim’s bead seat ensures air and tire retention.
Most flat tires are caused by one of two things; Intrusion punctures (staples, thorns, glass,etc.) or pinch-flats (potholes, railroad tracks, rocks, etc.). While there is little we can do as a rim manufacturer to prevent punctures, the rim feature called Wide Hookless Bead greatly reduces the likelihood of pinch-flatting. Wide Hookless Bead technology works by providing a blunt surface upon which to bottom out the tire, dissipating energy across a larger surface area and preventing tire damage. This allows you to run the correct tire pressure without the worry of pinch-flatting.
What could be considered the nucleus of an SES wheel, the ENVE Premium Road Hub brings efficiency, longevity, and simplicity to every wheelset. From hub flange geometry to bearing longevity to Perfect PreloadTM, every design detail comes from more than a decade of pairing ENVE carbon rims with the leading hubs on the market. Key benefits of the ENVE Premium Road Hub are:
- Hub Shell Geometry: The hub’s flange diameters, spacing, and spoke hole lacing pattern assists in maximizing torsional stiffness, spoke tangency, and power transfer.
- Lightweight: Cold-forged and machined 6061 alloy for durable lightweight performance. Weight: Front 126 grams, Rear 256 grams
- Premium Grade Stainless Steel Bearings: The bearings selected are premium grade and custom-made for ENVE. Full stainless steel races promise that riders living near the coast, or riding in wet or humid environments, will not experience corroded bearings, races, or external surfaces.
- Perfect PreloadTM: Our system ensures perfect bearing preload from the factory via a tuned wave washer installed on the axle. The result is a maintenance free design that promises longer bearing life, and improved rolling efficiency over the lifespan of the hub.