Words and Photos by Lottie Bildirici
Note: you can use whatever nuts and seeds you like in the recipe. Be sure to use the same measurements.
- 5-6 medium size bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter (any nut butter works)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashion oats
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup chopped up dried fruit (apricots, figs, dried cherries)
- 1/2 cup sliced/slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chia seeds or ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A dash of sea salt
- In a food processor or blender combine all wet ingredients process until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix.
- Add wet mixture into dry mixture and evenly coat everything.
- Line a pyrex with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- In your lined pyrex add mixture and spread out till it’s about 1 inch thick. If your pyrex is small you may need to use two. If its too large just don’t fill it all the way.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees till golden brown
- Let cool for at least an hour or refrigerate and then cut into bars. You can cut them however large you want. I did small narrow bars for a total of 27 bars. I like making big batches because they can be stored in the freezer and you will always have a homemade treat to take on a ride or snack on.
- To preserve freshness store in the freezer. They will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days